On December 9, 2011, members of SASI’s Steering Committee (Carolyn McAllaster, Gwen Bampfield, Kathie Hiers, Sharon DeCuir and Robert Greenwald) held meetings with Jeff Crowley, Director, Office of National AIDS Policy, Greg Millett, Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of National AIDS Policy, Dr. Ron Valdiserri, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Infectious Diseases at the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, and Christopher Bates, Executive Director of the President’s Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS. We delivered SASI’s Research Report and more than 2000 petition signatures supporting increased federal resources for the South.
- 30 for 30 ADAP African American AIDS AIDS United AIDS Watch Black CAPUS CDC Congress deepsouth FAAP FAPP Ford Foundation Funding Health HHS HIV HIV Prevention HOPWA housing HUD Medicaid NAPWA NBHAAD NHAS NIH ONAP PACHA Positive Leadership Award Prevention Prison Ryan White SAC SASI Sequestration South Southeast State of the South Task Force Stigma STRMU TAEP WAD White House White House Office of National AIDS Policy Women
- SASI at the US Conference on AIDS
- Deep South Needs Prevention Resources to Address High Prevalence of Undiagnosed HIV in the Region
- Seventy-six organizations signed on to SASI’s letter to ONAP calling for increased HIV prevention funding to hard hit areas
- SASI Releases New Report: ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL: What Does High Impact Prevention Funding Mean for Community-Based Organizations in the Deep South?
- SASI Calls On HRSA to Review Ryan White Supplemental Funding
- [The views expressed on this website do not reflect the official views of Duke University]