On December 9, 2011, members of SASI’s Steering Committee (Carolyn McAllaster, Gwen Bampfield, Kathie Hiers, Sharon DeCuir and Robert Greenwald) held meetings with Jeff Crowley, Director, Office of National AIDS Policy, Greg Millett, Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of National AIDS Policy, Dr. Ron Valdiserri, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Infectious Diseases at the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, and Christopher Bates, Executive Director of the President’s Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS. We delivered SASI’s Research Report and more than 2000 petition signatures supporting increased federal resources for the South.
- 25 Bipartisan Members of Congress Urge CDC & White House to Expand HIV Prevention Funding for Rural & Suburban Areas in Deep South
- SASI at the US Conference on AIDS
- Deep South Needs Prevention Resources to Address High Prevalence of Undiagnosed HIV in the Region
- Seventy-six organizations signed on to SASI’s letter to ONAP calling for increased HIV prevention funding to hard hit areas
- SASI Releases New Report: ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL: What Does High Impact Prevention Funding Mean for Community-Based Organizations in the Deep South?