On December 9, 2011, members of SASI’s Steering Committee (Carolyn McAllaster, Gwen Bampfield, Kathie Hiers, Sharon DeCuir and Robert Greenwald) held meetings with Jeff Crowley, Director, Office of National AIDS Policy, Greg Millett, Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of National AIDS Policy, Dr. Ron Valdiserri, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Infectious Diseases at the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, and Christopher Bates, Executive Director of the President’s Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS. We delivered SASI’s Research Report and more than 2000 petition signatures supporting increased federal resources for the South.
Tags30 for 30 ADAP African American AIDS AIDS United AIDS Watch Black CAPUS CDC Congress deepsouth FAAP FAPP Ford Foundation Funding Health HHS HIV HOPWA housing HUD Medicaid NAPWA NBHAAD NHAS NIH ONAP PACHA Positive Leadership Award Prevention Prison Ryan White SAC SASI Sequestration South Southeast State of the South Task Force Stigma STRMU TAEP WAD White House Women
- April 24, 2013: Mississippi Bureau Director for HIV/AIDS Care promises that its suspended HOPWA program will be up and running soon
- SASI at AIDS Watch
- Sequestration’s Impact on PLWHA in the South
- New SASI Report analyzes HOPWA funding formula and concludes that the South Receives Disproportionately Lower HOPWA Funding Than Other Regions
- “Everyone has role to play in ending HIV epidemic in America.”
- [The views expressed on this website do not reflect the official views of Duke University]